Apply for Studio Space
As creative practitioners ourselves, we understand the needs of recent graduates and emerging artists at the early stages we and can support you in developing your practice and career. We know that cost is a critical factor to artists and so we endeavour to keep our rates affordable, our contracts simple and our attitude flexible.
Most of the services we provide come included in your affordable studio hire, with others available at discount. As part of a 6 month tenancy agreement with Studio 102, you automatically get membership of PAC Home. PAC Home is a membership network for artists, curators and writers, who live and work in Plymouth and the wider region. It is an initiative by Plymouth Arts Centre, aiming to support and foster a strong visual arts sector by developing and raising engagement in contemporary art, supporting production through critical review and connection to a professional and global network. Studio 102 offer this membership at no extra charge, and is all inclusive of your studio hire*. After a 6 month continuous tenancy, you become eligible for a free exhibition of your work in our gallery space, giving you a goal to work toward and an opportunity to show your work to the public.
We welcome artists, makers, designer and other creative practitioners who would like to be part of this growing Studio 102 community, so become a part of our friendly, dynamic community of creative people - just click the Apply button the top of this page, or contact us for a chat.
• A range of sizes of space available
• Electrical sockets in every studio space
• Bathed in clean, natural light from windows and large overhead roof lights
• 9am-6pm Mon-Sat access, excluding public holidays
• Safe & secure location
• Communal Kitchen for hot drinks and heating food
• On site gallery to exhibit your work, including one exhibition included with a 6 month continuous tenancy (subject to agreement of dates)
• On site print shop at affordable prices with discount for artists in residence
• Access to communal meeting area
• A great supportive, creative community
• Affordable monthly terms
• Walking distance from city centre and major transport links
• Good public transport
• Just metres from the Barbican area of Plymouth with a plethora of Cafés, bars and Restaurants
Floor Plan Pricing
We recognise both the needs and economies of recent graduates and emerging artists at the early stages of their careers and reflect this in the provision of our artist studios, but it's more than just economics. Join us and become part of a friendly, dynamic community of creative people.
The team are successful artists with significant international experience in creating, promoting and exhibiting work as well as working with galleries and customers to create work which inspires, engages and can be commercially successful (if that is your aim). We have wide ranging contacts in many artistic practices across the UK and the wide world, many of whom visit the studio to offer advice and experience as well attending our events.
Studio 102 is more than just a workspace, it's a supportive and creative community of people who can help you to establish yourself as a practitioner, an artist and an exhibitor. If you'd like to know more about the studios and what we can do for you, please get in touch to chat or arrange a visit.